Wednesday, January 1, 2014

About The Name...

I want to offer a word of explanation about the name of my blog - "The Cornbread Mystic."  "Cornbread" is a nod to my Southern heritage - my roots - not to mention my love for the dish itself (made with Martha White cornmeal and buttermilk in a square pan).  "Mystic" is about a way of seeing that I strive for.  If you want to know more about this way of seeing, I recommend the book, The Naked Now, by Richard Rohr.  A short description of "mystic" seeing can be found in the following article:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fr-richard-rohr/three-ways-to-view-the-su_b_822092.html

To repeat - I am striving for this way of seeing.  I am a work in progress.  This blog is a part of the process of growing and maturing for me.  I hope that you will find it meaningful.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nod to Martha White! Goodness gracious, good and light, Martha White!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made some yesterday to eat with my turnip greens!

    ReplyDelete