Monday, January 6, 2014

Bobish, Bills, and Epiphany


Every now and then, I pick up one of my journals from years gone by, and go to the day’s date and see what was going on in my life.  Today I looked at the entry for this date in 2004, and enjoyed a blast from the past.  Michael was a baby, and was saying all kinds of cute words.  The latest at that time was “bobish” for Gold Fish.  (I realize that it is not quite as “precious” to you, but humor me.)  I also noticed that in 2004 I was praying for help with our finances.  I wrote, “We have a bill due - $365 to the preschool – and I just don’t know where the money is coming from.  “Help, Lord!”

Next day’s entry:  “Today while I was at church, I found a check for $100 that I had forgotten about from doing a wedding.  Then when I went home for lunch, in the mail was a check from Farmer’s Insurance for $270 for premiums overpaid.”  Hmmm.  I had a bill due for $365.  I got $370 unexpectedly.  OK, God.  I get the message.

Here’s the “epiphany” on this Epiphany Day:  God has before and always will provide.  God knows, God cares, and God will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment